header-bento_totoro_flying.jpg

stuffed stuff: death bee from Invader ZIM

May 23, 2011

in stuffed stuff

This is one of my oldest plush I’ve made, and it’s kind of embarrassing to look at it now… but here I go.

Death Bee from Invader ZIM

Stuffed stuff: Death Bee from Invader ZIM
Created and stuffed: April 2007

Death Bee appeared in the episode of “Attack of the Saucer Morons”, where a bee crashes into the Voot Cruiser operated by ZIM (an invader). Thus, ZIM decides to call it “Death Bee.”

Death Bee from Invader ZIM

But unlike its name, there was very happy music playing in the background when the Death Bee flies through the air towards the Voot Cruiser, so I used to call it Happy Bee. He does look very happy, doesn’t he?

Death Bee from Invader ZIM

I made this back then I was a fan of Invader ZIM. I used the same sphere pattern which I used for Piggy from Invader ZIM and used fleece.

Death Bee from Invader ZIM

Death Bee from Invader ZIM

I tried to sew the stripe pattern on the sphere before putting it together and stuffing it, but I just couldn’t work it out… so I cut black felt with a slight curve and glued it on.

Death Bee from Invader ZIM

Death Bee from Invader ZIM

The eyes are the same as Piggy and Mini-Moose. I cut fleece in a circle, loosely sewed around the edge and tighten the thread, like a drawstring bag. And I stuffed poly-fill inside, sewed the bottom part close, and glued a pupil on.

Death Bee from Invader ZIM

I wanted to make the wings more see-through, so I tried using a wire and white pantyhose but it didn’t look exactly like I wanted so I just ended up making it with two pieces of felt.

Death Bee from Invader ZIM

Death Bee from Invader ZIM

This was a very simple plush, made with two different sizes of spheres with a little bit of black felt and wings. This is probably a good project for a plush beginner.

For more pictures of this plush, visit stuffed stuff: Death Bee from Invader ZIM set!

You can also check out more stuffed stuff on my flickr.

SparklewolfieNo Gravatar May 24, 2011 at 11:41 am

I LOVE Invader ZIM!! And I love how happy Death Bee is *u* It’s so cute!

AikoVenusNo Gravatar May 24, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Haha, so cute! Don’t be embarassed – just think of it as an area in which you improved. ^.^

DavidNo Gravatar July 18, 2012 at 12:11 am

Is there any way you would accept a commision to make one of those to sell? I want one.

AnnaTheRedNo Gravatar August 16, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Unfortunately, I don’t sell plushes of copyrighted characters. Sorry!

EddyNo Gravatar May 5, 2015 at 3:54 pm

I don’t know you, but I just saw this coooooool little Killer Bee you created (and I loved Invader Zim)–AND–You say you’re embarrassed at this? Jeasch. It’s not possible for a plushy to be more cute. Wow.

Do you make these? I was thinking it would bee cool to make a mobile out of these, possibly of invader zim plushies. What are the rough dimensions of this little guy, wait, it would be girl, what are the dimensions of this little girl? Also, what is the weight? (my mobiles hang on delicate carbon rods…so weight matters)

Thanks, Eddy

JonDoughNo Gravatar May 5, 2015 at 3:55 pm

DON’T PUBLISH that note, It was meant for YOU not the world… if you do, please delete the name at least.

JonDoughNo Gravatar May 5, 2015 at 3:57 pm

okay—I just read the messages and you don’t make characters from copyrighted material. What if an envelope arrived with just an address on it and it had instructions to “create some plushies and send to the following address” (low volume, maybe 10 or so)… would the customer be happy?