header-bento_bioshock.jpg

Thank you!

November 20, 2010

in Japan,Travel

Derek and I would like to thank people who congratulated us on our engagement!

sunkus!

Sunkus, as in "Thanks!" (one of popular convenience stores)

I’ve never thought I’d be announcing such a personal thing on here when I started this blog, or get such wonderful and kind words from the people I’ve never even met, and we are truly grateful.

Over the weekend, we went to Minca the first time after we came back from Japan. When I told the waitresses that we got engaged, they almost cried! Which almost made me cry! Then I started getting very nice comments on our engagement on my blog.

It’s funny that I got more dramatic reactions about our engagement from the waitresses at Minca (our favorite ramen place in NY) and my blog readers than my family or my friends in Japan. :P

Of course, my family and my friends in Japan are so happy for us, but I meet my friends and family in Japan only once in a while, so they probably think of me visiting in Japan and hearing that I got engaged as just one other thing. Besides, we’ve been together for long enough that when I told them I had good news, they were expecting “bigger news.” Hehe

Anyway, Derek’s also writing posts about our trip on his blog. His posts are far more informative with much larger vocabulary than mine, so I urge you to check them out! Also he wrote about what went through his mind before the proposal which is pretty interesting because I had nooooo idea he was nervous.

Check out the posts about our trip to Japan on Derek’s Nerdblog! ->   Day 0-1, Day 2, Day 3

Well, I just wanted to write this post to say thank you for your kind words before I continue on my posts about our trip!

brisedeteNo Gravatar November 21, 2010 at 10:53 pm

Adding to the congratulation messages :) ! And I want to add that I really look forward to the rest of your posts about your trip to Japan. Not only are they highly informative for future travellers, but the pictures and little anecdotes are a true pleasure to see and read :) !

AnnaTheRedNo Gravatar November 28, 2010 at 2:19 pm

We can’t thank everyone enough for such kind words!

greeny, it’s not rude at all, but which food are you talking about? I’m putting the price of the food on the pictures but if you don’t see the price, that means we didn’t have to pay for it. (Great advantage having older family members living in Japan! :D )

JudithNo Gravatar November 22, 2010 at 2:10 am

I totally second brisedete’s comment.

I’m a fan of your regular posts but this is super awesome! Can’t wait for all the others =)

greenyNo Gravatar November 22, 2010 at 5:35 am

おめでとう~
Congratulations! I have no idea why, but when I read your post on it, I squealed inside ♥

By the way… if this isn’t too rude, how much did you spend on food @_@ looks so scrumptious!

Wendy LeowNo Gravatar November 22, 2010 at 7:27 am

Hey Anna

I am reading about your trip only now cos my computer died on me & look what I missed!!!

Congratulations!!! so happy for you guys!!
Your ring looks awesome!! and you are such a cute couple!!
and I really enjoy reading about your trip!!

<3!!

DianeNo Gravatar November 23, 2010 at 12:57 am

Congratulations! I’ve been following this blog since 2009, but I’ve never commented on a post until now! I’m sincerely happy for both of you! And thank you for talking about your engagement and your trip to Japan in the first place!

Diane

MiyaNo Gravatar November 23, 2010 at 7:09 pm

Congratulations!! I LOVE YOUR RING SO MUCH, it’s amazing, oh my god, I love Vivienne Westwood too *-*!!
And the way he proposed, it was so cute, because this place means so much to you too (and to me, by the way, so it makes me even happier for you having such an incredible proposal!)

And I’m having a great time reading about your trip to Japan! It’s like I’m there with you, feeling all the awesomeness!

SkammieNo Gravatar November 25, 2010 at 2:34 am

おめでとう! A bit late on the congratulations, but wishing you guys all the best! Very exciting news indeed, and on such a memorable trip!
Thanks for blogging about your Japan experiences. They are very interesting to read (and see), and I am definitely picking up lots of tips~ Looking forward to more =D

CynthiaNo Gravatar November 25, 2010 at 3:53 am

Hi Anna, I am so happy for you! Thanks for sharing your wonderful engagement story with us~ Your blog has been very inspirational! I can’t wait to try out your creative bento-making ideas for my friend’s birthday soon! God bless you~