header-plush_piggy.jpg

stuffed stuff: Bear Shaman from Castle Crashers

November 23, 2009

in stuffed stuff

Bear shaman from Castle Crashers

Stuffed stuff: Bear Shaman from Castle Crashers
Created and stuffed: October 2009

When I was making birthday gifts for Dan Paladin, the creator and art director of Alien Hominid and Castle Crashers, I originally wanted to make four plushes. I was very ambitious and optimistic. But as I expected, I couldn’t finish them on time… I didn’t want to sent them too late (since they were birthday gifts) so I only sent him two plushes of the character from the new game that’s coming out 2010. (“Cube head guy” and “Golden whale”)

After I sent off the birthday gifts, I decided to finish them anyway. This was one of the birthday gifts, bear shaman (or Bipolar bear? Not sure of the official name) from Castle Crashers. Since I had a little more extra time to finish, I got the right doll eyes. I modified the patterns for the Dana doll I’ve made for my friend, and made the pattern for his head.

Bear shaman from Castle Crashers

head bigger than the body = cute factor

Bear Shaman from Castle Crashers

Actually he's got a fluffy tail. If I ever make another one, I think I'll make it with yarn.

For his nose and mouth, I used black stitching thread.

Bear shaman from Castle Crashers

Big eyes = cute factor

He’s got blood on his forehead, his body is mean looking… of course, in the absolutely cutest way possible. :) I thought about splashing red acrylic paint for the blood but I wasn’t sure how an acrylic paint would look on the fuzzy surface of fleece, so I decided to cut red felt and glued it on as the blood.

Bear Shaman from Castle Crashers

Blood on his forhead = cute factor

Bear shaman from Castle Crashers

Huge eyes = cute factor

Bear Shaman from Castle Crashers

Blood everywhere = cute factor

Oh yeah, and he’s got a fish sword.

bearshaman_fish_01

Dead fish as a weapon = cute factor

Bear shaman from Castle Crashers

Everything together = uber cute

For more pictures of this plush, visit stuffed stuff: Bear Shaman from Castle Crashers set!

You can check out more stuffed stuff set on my flickr.

*~kAy~*No Gravatar November 26, 2009 at 1:40 am

The bear shaman is my most favorite character! <3 You are too good! <3 This is so adorable <3

LeleNo Gravatar November 30, 2009 at 9:39 pm

aw even with the bloody paw hes so precious. You’re so good at making these things im so jealous!

evil_tennyoNo Gravatar December 1, 2009 at 1:08 am

Adorable! You should consider comissioning, I would totally buy one!

JenniferNo Gravatar April 16, 2010 at 11:32 pm

I came across this page while searching google for pictures. He is my favorite character. This bear is totally adorable. If you ever consider making some and selling, please do let me know! I would love to have one.

BrianNo Gravatar December 19, 2010 at 5:20 pm

That looks awesome. You should definitely consider comissioning. My girlfriend really wants one. Contact me if the bear shaman is for sale.

AnnaTheRedNo Gravatar January 14, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Brian,
Unfortunately, none of my plush are available for sale or commission. They’re actually very easy to make. Maybe you can make one for your girlfriend. Let me know if you have any questions!

MarcosNo Gravatar July 21, 2011 at 5:06 pm

youtube instrunctions on how to make these?

iluvcastle crashersNo Gravatar July 3, 2011 at 1:19 pm

can you teach me how to make one

LukeNo Gravatar August 3, 2011 at 6:15 pm

This is amazing! Can you teach me/us how to make these? How long does it take? Does it require skill?
I would love to have one :)

AnnaTheRedNo Gravatar August 12, 2011 at 10:43 am

The answers are…

Sorry, but no.

Several hours.

But I am writing a post on how I make patterns for my plush right now, and I’ll be posting it in a couple of days. Not necessary a how-to for a certain plush but it might help you. :)

KatNo Gravatar October 31, 2011 at 3:53 am

As you can tell since I have been commenting a ot (:D) and I am a HUGE castle crashers fan. I also love sewing and Im not as good as you haha. I have a few questions and I would love if you would answer them(: Im making a castle crashers doll for a friend and it would be good for a few tips from a professional :D

1.) First, Where do you get such fuzzy fabric? :D Im guessing probably Wal*Mart or Target because thats where everything is, but I cant find anything fuzzy .-. I only find smooth stuff….
2.) Im horrible at stiching, bottom line. It always has the stiched part sticking out and ripping apart, its really messy :O
3.) Everytime I make a base for a doll, its so small and Im just not good at making them…Do you think you can take a picture of like a sketch for a base or how big I should make it? They are so small x(
4.) Do you use a sewing machine? Your work is so neat :D
5.) I cant make anything 3D…Its always flat and small and not neat…I try my best but I guess Im not sewing right? I can make a video and show you how I do it and show you what Im doing wrong…I dont know I just need urgent help :O

I know you probably can’t give out much about your work and I understand if you dont want to give out any secrets or anything. But I guess Im kind of a neebie at sewing and I can use any tips I can get, especially from a person who does such amazing work. Sorry for asking a lot of questions… although please any tips on sewing is appreciated! Thank you for reading :D

~Kat

Ashley:)No Gravatar November 8, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Your work is so neat… Any tips? :)

IngridNo Gravatar June 18, 2012 at 7:56 pm

I want this bear… How much?!

RabbitcancookNo Gravatar August 19, 2012 at 9:24 am

Hi Anna, i really love this Shaman bear image, is it ok if i copy them for my bento theme? And for sure will link back the source and credit back to you. Thanks.