[How to make Max from Where the Wild Things Are] (without the crown)
- ham (or bologna, turkey, etc…)
- sliced cheddar cheese
– cupcake cup (I used foil cupcake cups, but if you need to microwave your food, use a paper cupcake cup instead. I’ve tried it, and the paper cup handled the moisture pretty well.)
– hole punch
1. Make a rice ball and put it in the cupcake cup. (You can put stuff inside the rice ball if you want.)
2. Cut ham with a plastic cap (I used a cap from a can of hair mousse), and put it on the rice.
3. Use a straw to cut ham for his nose.
4. Slice radish (or sliced cheese, or kamaboko, or hard boiled egg white), and cut triangles for his ears.
5. Cut strips of seaweed and for his hair and whiskers.
6-A. If you have a seaweed cutter for a smiling face like I do, use it to cut out seaweed.
6-B. If you don’t have a special seaweed cutter, cut it freehand with scissors, an cut seaweed out with a hole punch, and put it for the eyes.
6-C. If you want to make smiling Max (like the one in the picture) use a hole punch to make a hole in the seaweed, then slide the punch a little bit and punched it again to make ” C ” shaped seaweed.
*You can cut sliced cheddar cheese to add crown you if you want to make “Max the king of the wild things.”
If you have any questions about any of my how-to’s, please feel free to leave a comment or email me!