[How to make Moishe from Where the Wild Things Are]
- ham (or bologna, turkey, etc…)
- sliced cheddar cheese
– cupcake cup (I used foil cupcake cups, but if you need to microwave your food, use a paper cupcake cup instead. I’ve tried it, and the paper cup handled the moisture pretty well.)
– hole punch
1. Make a rice ball and put it in the cupcake cup. (You can put stuff inside the rice ball if you want.)
2. Cut ham with a plastic cap (I used a cap from a can of hair mousse), and put it on the rice.
3. Use a straw to cut ham for his nose.
4. Slice radish (or sliced cheese, or kamaboko, or hard boiled egg white), and use a plastic bottle cap to cut out a “C” shape for the horn. Stick it on the head.
5. Cut sliced cheddar cheese with a plastic cap or biｇ straw (I used a straw for bubble tea) for his terrible yellow eyes.
6-A.If you have a seaweed cutter for a smiling face like I do, use it to cut out seaweed.
6-B. If you don’t have a special seaweed cutter, cut it freehand with scissors, cut seaweed out with a hole punch, and put it for the eyes.
7. Cut strips of seaweed and fill it around the ham.
This is something I came up with while making Moishe. I know that some people might not like seaweed that much, so I made a veggie version of Moishe.
[Mashed potato and broccoli Moishe]
You put potato salad in the cup, put ham on top and surround it with boiled broccoli. Not sure if kids love it, but hey it’s a wild thing! (strange I never hated any veggies when I was little)
If you have any questions about any of my how-to’s, please feel free to leave a comment or email me!