header-bento_totoro_sleeping.jpg

the behemoth chicken!

September 2, 2009

in stuffed stuff

My boyfriend has been coughing since we came back from Gen Con. No fever, no headache, just dry coughs. It went on for about a week or so. Just when he was getting better, I started to have the same dry cough. I’d wake up in the middle of night from coughing. It is absolutely annoying! I even lost my voice from coughing too much. So my co-worker told me to take a day off to get some rest, because guess what? I’m going to another convention! (Just me this time. My boyfriend will be staying home with my kitty.)

The convention I’m going to is called PAX. PAX is held by the creators of Penny Arcade guys in Seattle. (PAX is short for Penny Arcade Expo) It’s a pretty big video gaming convention, and this is the last convention for me this year.

I know that the Behemoth studio (creator of Alien Homid and Castle Crashers) will be there. They gave me a super rare pink castle crasher figure last time I made bento of Castle Crashers, Animal Orbs and Pink Castle Crasher so I decided to make something for them, just as a token of gratitude for being so awesome.

Behold! The behemoth chicken!

Not sure if they’re able to take it with them, but if they can’t, I’ll just mail it to them.

Look at his cute beady eyes!

This is just a sneak preview, since I haven’t found right eyes for it. (I just used pins for now) Once I finish it, I’ll have my boyfriend take more pictures and post them on my flickr.

Check out his behemoth crown!

I just checked the Behemoth site, and I was pleasantly surprised that they just posted the squishy Behemoth chicken toy they’re making! Dammit. The squishy chicken looks much cooler than my stuffed one. Of course, I’m so getting one. ;)

He'll stomp you on with his behemoth feet!

Hopefully it’s not swine flue, but if I don’t get better by tomorrow, I’ll make sure to wear a mask or something on the airplane.

Watch out for the behemoth tail!

I’ll try to blog about PAX while I’m there!

yoiangNo Gravatar September 2, 2009 at 11:32 pm

ahh I’m jealous, would have liked to go to PAX for once this year, hope you have a great time. are you going to be working?

AngelNo Gravatar September 3, 2009 at 3:19 am

I’m so jealous! I love Penny Arcade. You are pretty lucky they posted recently that the convention was completely 100 percent sold out. Have a blast!

HeidiNo Gravatar September 3, 2009 at 11:12 am

Your one lucky ducky, with the exception of the cough that is. Have fun in Seattle. I was just there a couple of months ago. Love Seattle, love most all of Washington come to think about it…anyway… Awesome chicken. You should make one and do a blog give away contest.

HeidiNo Gravatar September 3, 2009 at 11:15 am

I hate it when I forget how to differentiate my your and you’re!!! ARG! I hate even more that my ego forces me to point out that I’m not a total idiot by making a follow up comment about it. Which I’m sure will have even more grammatical errors….I’ll just stop typing now. :)

Sara MuellerNo Gravatar September 4, 2009 at 12:27 pm

Have fun at PAX!

Terrell BroomerNo Gravatar September 9, 2009 at 2:24 am

hey i just ran into your blog cuz my friend sent me the domo-kun croquettes! they’re awesome! haha so i noticed you said you were going to pax. how was it? i live in the seattle area too but tickets sold out:( anyways i have a blog over at domofactor.nissanpacific.com and was wondering if it’d be okay if copied your croquette post and stick it on my blog^_^ i’ll credit the post and link it n everything.i’ll add you to my blog roll also! awesome blog again, keep up the good work.:) thanks!
-Terrell

distractedgourmetNo Gravatar September 10, 2009 at 10:35 am

That’s so cute! Ah wow, I’d love to make something like this! Nice one.

HannahNo Gravatar February 14, 2010 at 4:33 pm

Where can i get ahold of any of your patterns?

KatNo Gravatar November 4, 2011 at 12:12 am

You made that by hand?! My god I’m jealous…Im only a newbie at sewing and I suck T.T Great Chicken :D