My day job, an online card game did a HUGE system update for the game about a week ago. So I’ve been online, writing emails, checking for bugs, chatting with the Japanese developers (the game is originally a Japanese game, my company brought it over to the U.S.) days and nights… and I just couldn’t make the time to update my blog. T_T
Anyway, I still wanted to do a how-to on something simple, so I was looking at my old bento, and decided to do this one. This is something I made for my only original bento “Farm bento.” It’s sooo easy and you don’t need too many ingredients, and with right tools, it’s even easier!
[How to make sheep rice ball]
- sticky rice (Any regular Japanese or Korean rice is “sticky rice”)
- ham (or cheddar cheese)
- *anything you want to put in the rice ball
– *hole punch
1. Make a rice ball. (you can put anything you want inside rice ball) Don’t hold the rice ball too tightly when you’re making it. It makes the sheep look fluffier that way.
2. Cut ham (or cheddar cheese) for the face part. I used a round bottle cap to cut the ham first, and cut the sides of the circle off. I also cut cheese in the same shape as the ham. It makes the ham to stand out a bit more, but this is optional.
3. Cut ham (and cheese if you like) for the ear parts.
4. Cut seaweed for the eyes. I used a hole punch to make a hole in the seaweed, then slide the punch a little bit and punched it again to make ” C ” shaped seaweed.
Good thing about this sheep is that you can make them big or small. You can make one big one, or herd of small ones!
If you have any questions about any of my how-toâ€™s, please feel free to leave a comment or email me!