Today’s how-to is something very basic you can make with a boiled egg.Â It’s so easy that I don’t even know if I need to do a how-to on this, but this definitely is the simplest & easiest way to turn an ordinary egg into a cute chicken in under 3 minutes!
I made this for my very first kyaraben-ish bento, and Farm bento. But I made it even simpler so that you only need three ingredients.
[How to make a chicken with a boiled egg] (used in “Farm bento” )
- hard-boiled egg
- seaweed (or black sesame seeds)
– hole punch
1. Slice a carrot and cut it into shapes like the picture.
2. Make a small incision on top of the egg and front.
3. Insert the carrot on the top for its crown and in the front for its beak.
4. Using a hole punch, cut two circles out of seaweed, and put them on the egg.
This chicken is so ready to jump into your bento!
Sorry today’s how-to is not much of how-to, but I’m in the midst of apartment hunting, so my weekend is (and will be) pretty hectic! My ideal apartment? MORE COUNTER SPACE in the kitchen!
You can see more pictures of “How to make an egg chicken” on my flickr page.
And if you have any questions about any of my how-to’s, please feel free to leave a comment or email me!